As of Xcode 8, iOS Team Provision Profile Managed by Xcode are now updated by Xcode automatically and correctly. They are not even listed at the Developer Portal, but generated on-the-flight.
However, the solution proposed below will still work. I’ve switched to using the automatic provisioning profiles.
Remove INVALID iOS Team Provision Profile Managed by Xcode from Developer Portal and manually create iOS Developer Provision Profile. Download it via Xcode and you should be good to go.
I started to experience this after Xcode 7.3 (7D175).
What I did before the issue:
- renewed Certificates (developer & distribution) via Xcode, b/c of their expiration;
- installed two required certificates (developer & distribution) in my keychain;
- re-generated Ad Hoc and App Store Provision profiles at Developer portal with new distribution certificate;
- downloaded locally Ad Hoc and App Store Provision profiles via Xcode;
- walk the project through the process of Setting up Xcode to automatically manage your provisioning profiles
- noticed iOS Team Provision Profile Managed by Xcode was INVALID
- saw Xcode being not able to Build & Run due to INVALID iOS Team Profile.
Tapping “Fix Issue” (
the only way, I know to make provision profiles managed by Xcode valid), given the error
An App ID with Identifier '<app id>' is not available.
- manually removed INVALID iOS Team Provision Profile Managed by Xcode from Developer Portal
- manually created iOS Developer Provision profile
- Downloaded it via Xcode
Now, I am able to Build & Run app to my devices.