This is a known PHP 7.3 bug, which has already been fixed.
As a temporary workaround, edit your php.ini file (in my case:
vi /usr/local/etc/php/7.3/php.ini), disable PHP PCRE JIT compilation by changing:
- install ext-zip for Mac
- How to install a specific version of package using Composer?
- dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/local/opt/icu4c/lib/libicui18n.62.dylib error running php after installing node with brew on Mac
- Composer require runs out of memory. PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1610612736 bytes exhausted
- How to remove unused dependencies from composer?
- Composer install error – requires ext_curl when it’s actually enabled
- require(vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream
- PHP error: “The zip extension and unzip command are both missing, skipping.”
- PHP Composer update “cannot allocate memory” error (using Laravel 4)
- Composer killed while updating
- Skip composer PHP requirement
- How can I easily switch between PHP versions on Mac OSX?
- Cannot create cache directory .. or directory is not writable. Proceeding without cache in Laravel
- Tell Composer to use Different PHP Version
- Composer Warning: openssl extension is missing. How to enable in WAMP
- Use PHP composer to clone git repo
- How to remove globally a package from Composer?
- How to downgrade or install a specific version of Composer?
- The openssl extension is required for SSL/TLS protection
- Installing specific laravel version with composer create-project
- SHA384 is not supported by your openssl extension, could not verify the phar file integrity
- Why is PHP Composer so slow?
- Can I Install Laravel without using Composer?
- composer.lock: how does it work?
- How do I upgrade PHP in Mac OS X?
- Easiest way to activate PHP and MySQL on Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion)?
- mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): No such file or directory
- Composer loading from cache
- Mysql password expired. Can’t connect
- Unable to self-update Composer
- How to change PHP version used by composer
- Get the list of outdated Composer packages
- Error “Root composer.json requires php ^7.3 but your php version (8.0.0) does not satisfy that requirement” [duplicate]
- How to update Composer in Windows 10
- Composer throws [ReflectionException] Class Fxp\Composer\AssetPlugin\Repository\NpmRepository does not exist
- Fatal error: Class ‘Illuminate\Foundation\Application’ not found
- Slow updating of composer dependencies, despite –prefer-dist flag
- Laravel 5 Class ‘form’ not found
- Composer: remove a package, clean up dependencies, don’t update other packages
- How can I solve “laravel/horizon v1.1.0 requires ext-pcntl * -> the requested PHP extension pcntl is missing from your system”?
- Can composer generate the `composer.lock` without actually download the packages?
- laravel composer update : the requested PHP extension dom is missing from your system
- How to install Laravel 5.0
- Autoloading classes in PHPUnit using Composer and autoload.php
- Install dependency (doctrine/dbal) on composer laravel
- Difference between composer prefer-dist and prefer-source?
- How to add private github repository as Composer dependency
- but these conflict with your requirements or minimum-stability
- The requested PHP extension dom is missing from your system
- How do I install Composer on a shared hosting?