A few of the bad parts are:
slower, harder to read, dangerously insecure
confusing and ambiguous with differently typed operands
- Expression Versus Statement
- Prefer composition over inheritance?
- What is an idempotent operation?
- What is a callback function?
- What is the difference between a deep copy and a shallow copy?
- Is a GUID unique 100% of the time?
- What is the coolest thing you can do in
- What is Type-safe?
- GOTO still considered harmful? [closed]
- How can I find the difference between two angles?
- What are important languages to learn to understand different approaches and concepts? [closed]
- What is boxing and unboxing and what are the trade offs?
- What is difference between monolithic and micro kernel?
- Conventions for exceptions or error codes [closed]
- How to develop and test an app that sends emails (without filling someone’s mailbox with test data)? [closed]
- Why is the knapsack problem pseudo-polynomial?
- Buffered vs unbuffered IO
- What programming practice that you once liked have you since changed your mind about? [closed]
- An Ideal Keyboard Layout for Programming [closed]
- Code Golf: Piano
- How can I find the smallest difference between two angles around a point?
- How do you plan an application’s architecture before writing any code? [closed]
- Get the application’s path
- What’s the use of metaprogramming?
- Is it OK to use DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH on Mac OS X? And, what’s the dynamic library search algorithm with it?
- How to merge two files consistently line by line
- Code Golf: Conway’s Game of Life
- What is the difference between signed and unsigned variables?
- Given an integer, how do I find the next largest power of two using bit-twiddling?
- Monads vs. Arrows
- What USEFUL bitwise operator code tricks should a developer know about? [closed]
- What is name mangling, and how does it work?
- What does a double colon followed by an equals sign (::=) mean in programming documentation?
- What is ADT? (Abstract Data Type)
- Do fluent interfaces violate the Law of Demeter?
- Code Golf: Playing Cubes
- How do language bindings work?
- Whose responsibility is it to check data validity?
- Are there any statically typed, embeddable scripting languages? [closed]
- Domain Driven Design vs Model Driven Architecture
- Pass by reference or pass by value? [closed]
- What is an ideal variable naming convention for loop variables? [closed]
- What’s the term for the part of the URL after the question mark?
- What tools do distributed programmers lack?
- Code Golf: Triforce
- How to improve your reading and understanding of code? [closed]
- How to mentor a junior programmer [closed]
- Where do UUID namespaces come from?
- What are hashtables and hashmaps and their typical use cases?
- What is the purpose of null?