Yes! With the new version 7.0 gdb, you can do exactly that!
The command would be “
reverse-step“, or “
You can get gdb-7.0 from ftp.gnu.org:/pub/gnu/gdb
If you run into the error:
Target child does not support this command. then try adding
target record at the beginning of execution, after starting
Edit: Since GDB 7.6
target record is deprecated, use
target record-full instead.
- How can I make gdb save the command history?
- Multiple commands in gdb separated by some sort of delimiter ‘;’?
- How to inspect the return value of a function in GDB?
- gdb: how to print the current line or find the current line number?
- How to disable “Type to continue, or q to quit” in gdb?
- Watchpoint a fixed address
- How to close layout SRC windows in gdb?
- Line number of segmentation fault
- GDB: How to list all source files used for compilation
- How to get the symbol name for a memory address in GDB?
- What is the difference between hardware and software breakpoints?
- Is there “Break on Exception” in IntelliJ?
- What is the difference between Step Into and Step Over in a debugger
- Debugging in Clojure? [closed]
- Accessing console and devtools of extension’s background.js
- Do you debug C++ code in Vim? How? [closed]
- How to debug Google Apps Script (aka where does Logger.log log to?)
- Why is debugging better in an IDE? [closed]
- Getting GDB to save a list of breakpoints
- What is a debugger and how can it help me diagnose problems?
- How to get R script line numbers at error?
- How to debug using npm run scripts from VSCode?
- how to debug the js in jsfiddle
- Wireshark vs Firebug vs Fiddler – pros and cons? [closed]
- Best ways to fit bug fixing into a Scrum process? [closed]
- Tool for debugging makefiles
- How to debug a Gradle build.gradle file (in a debugger, with breakpoints)?
- Enumerate or list all variables in a program of [your favorite language here] [closed]
- IIS does not list a web site that matches the launched URL
- How to get more info when the “Aw Snap” screen shows up in Chrome?
- How to use trace and dbg in Erlang to debug and trace my program?
- What is the best way to test and interact with inner functions defined inside a toplevel function?
- Debugging xUnit tests in .NET Core and Visual Studio Code
- GDB Vs LLDB debuggers
- Debug PostgreSQL function using pgAdmin
- How to print a null-terminated string with newlines without showing backslash escapes in gdb?
- What’s the toughest bug you ever found and fixed? [closed]
- How to “debug” Haskell with printfs?
- Visual Studio not breaking on user-unhandled exceptions
- IntelliJ IDEA Debugger does not show null element in a list
- How to programmatically detect debug mode in nodejs?
- How do I debug AppleScript?
- How to log all executed elasticsearch queries
- How do I skip external code when debugging in VS Code
- How do I disable the Symfony 2 profiler bar?
- how to debug node.js causing 100% cpu usage?
- In Clion’s debugger, how do I show the entire contents of an int array
- How to get a “codesigned” gdb on OSX?