This answer is late, but I was having the same issue. I found something that works.
In eclipse Project Explorer, right click the project name -> select “Run As” -> “Maven Build…”
In the goals, enter
then click Run button.
I have the STS plug-in (i.e. SpringSource Tool Suite), so on some projects I will get a “Spring Boot App” option under Run As. But, it doesn’t always show up for some reason. I use the above workaround for those.
Here is a reference that explains how to run Spring boot apps:
Spring boot tutorial
- How to debug Spring Boot application with Eclipse?
- SpringApplication.run main method
- Hot swapping in Spring Boot
- Spring Boot application in eclipse, the Tomcat connector configured to listen on port XXXX failed to start
- Setting active profile and config location from command line in spring boot
- Why does my Spring Boot App always shutdown immediately after starting?
- How do I tell Spring Boot which main class to use for the executable jar?
- Spring Boot: Unable to start EmbeddedWebApplicationContext due to missing EmbeddedServletContainerFactory bean
- What is username and password when starting Spring Boot with Tomcat?
- How to set base url for rest in spring boot?
- Spring Boot and multiple external configuration files
- Programmatically shut down Spring Boot application
- How do I run a spring boot executable jar in a Production environment?
- Spring Boot – inject map from application.yml
- Spring Boot how to hide passwords in properties file
- POSTing a @OneToMany sub-resource association in Spring Data REST
- Spring Boot 2.5.0 generates plain.jar file. Can I remove it?
- HttpSecurity, WebSecurity and AuthenticationManagerBuilder
- Spring: overriding one application.property from command line
- How to specify prefix for all controllers in Spring Boot?
- Securing Spring Boot API with API key and secret
- What is the difference between @ComponentScan and @EnableAutoConfiguration in Spring Boot?
- How to exclude *AutoConfiguration classes in Spring Boot JUnit tests?
- Hibernate table not mapped error in HQL query
- Spring: get all Beans of certain interface AND type
- Configure active profile in SpringBoot via Maven
- How to get bean using application context in spring boot
- Read environment variable in SpringBoot
- What is the default scheduler pool size in spring-boot?
- How to configure embedded Tomcat integrated with Spring to listen requests to IP address, besides localhost?
- How can I register a secondary servlet with Spring Boot?
- Spring Boot properties in ‘application.yml’ not loading from JUnit Test
- Unable to find a @SpringBootConfiguration, you need to use @ContextConfiguration or @SpringBootTest(classes=…) with your test
- Caused by: org.apache.logging.log4j.LoggingException: log4j-slf4j-impl cannot be present with log4j-to-slf4j
- How to use spring boot making a common library
- Spring Boot – Validations stopped working after upgrade from 2.2.5 to 2.3.0
- Unable to complete the scan for annotations for web application [/app] due to a StackOverflowError
- Immutable @ConfigurationProperties
- What difference does @EnableConfigurationProperties make if a bean is already annotated with @ConfigurationProperties?
- how do I change log level in runtime without restarting spring boot application
- How set up Spring Boot to run HTTPS / HTTP ports
- ObjectMapper can’t deserialize without default constructor after upgrade to Spring Boot 2
- Differences between jar and war in Spring Boot?
- bootstrap.yml configuration not processed anymore with Spring Cloud 2020.0
- how to properly specify database schema in spring boot?
- @ConfigurationProperties prefix not working
- Configure @MockBean component before application start
- Spring Boot: how to use multiple yml files
- Java Spring Boot Test: How to exclude java configuration class from test context
- ClassNotFoundException for javax.xml.bind.JAXBException with Spring Boot when switch to Java 9