NOTE: This doesn’t appear to be working in iOS7 and above. For iOS7 try this answer.
For iOS6 and below, to remove the grouped background from a cell in a grouped table view cell:
This didn’t work
cell.backgroundView = nil; // Did Not Work
cell.backgroundView = [[[UIView alloc] initWithFrame:CGRectZero] autorelease];
If you have moved to ARC (I’ve heard this works, but haven’t tested it)
cell.backgroundView = [UIView new];
- Adding the little arrow to the right side of a cell in an iPhone TableView Cell
- Select tableview row programmatically
- Default height for section header in UITableView
- How to resize a tableHeaderView of a UITableView?
- Using [UIColor colorWithRed:green:blue:alpha:] doesn’t work with UITableView seperatorColor?
- UISwitch in a UITableView cell
- How to make a cell on a UITableView not selectable?
- How to create a UITableViewCell with a transparent background
- How to scroll UITableView to specific position
- How do I remove the borders of a UITableView?
- What’s the UITableView index magnifying glass character?
- UITableView issue when using separate delegate/dataSource
- How to give space between two cells in tableview?
- UITableView does not automatically deselect the selected row when the table re-appears
- Detect the current top cell in a UITableView after scrolling
- How can we programmatically detect which iOS version is device running on? [duplicate]
- How to load a UIView using a nib file created with Interface Builder
- How to customize the background color of a UITableViewCell?
- UIButton: set image for selected-highlighted state
- How to limit UITableView row reordering to a section
- Is it possible to use AutoLayout with UITableView’s tableHeaderView?
- Build Error – missing required architecture i386 in file
- HTML character decoding in Objective-C / Cocoa Touch
- Read version from Info.plist
- Is there any ready-made calendar control for iPhone apps? [closed]
- Referencing AppDelegate instance variables
- How to delete a user default value in NSUserDefaults?
- How to remove the last border of the last cell in UITableView?
- cellForRowAtIndexPath: not called
- Determining if an iPhone is Jail broken Programmatically
- Indent the text in a UITextField
- How can I get the UITableView scroll position so I can save it?
- Reference from UITableViewCell to parent UITableView?
- How to determine UIWebView height based on content, within a variable height UITableView?
- How can I add a badge to a standard UIButton? [closed]
- Figure out UIBarButtonItem frame in window?
- NSUserDefaults synchronize-method
- didSelectRowAtIndexPath: not being called
- How to increase the UITableView separator height?
- Difference between two NSDate objects — Result also a NSDate
- 2 different types of custom UITableViewCells in UITableView
- iOS devices as web server [closed]
- iPhone – What are reuseIdentifiers (UITableViewCell)?
- Best architecture for an iOS application that makes many network requests?
- Can you develop native iPhone apps in Ruby?
- Objective-C – When to use ‘self’
- iOS: Download image from url and save in device
- How do I change the color of the side Alphabet in an indexed UITableView?
- How to draw an UIImage or directly in -drawRect:?
- Double vs float on the iPhone