My teams current task is to develop an Android app. Since it is a small app and also some kind of prototype we decided to evaluate Maven and the Android Eclipse plugin.
After two developers spent three days, we were not able to gain the Android Eclipse plugin functionalities in our Maven project.
- The R class was not updated according to our resources
- We were not able to start the application directly from within Eclipse in the emulator and/or an attached device
Because of these issues which impeded our development sincerely we decided to develop the app without Maven.
But if any of you knows how to fix these issues I would love to hear a solution!