It’s an old post but if someone is still looking for it:
install git extras
brew install git-extras
git summary --line
- How do I show the changes which have been staged?
- How to grep (search) committed code in the Git history
- How to compare a local Git branch with its remote branch
- How do you take a git diff file, and apply it to a local branch that is a copy of the same repository?
- Git diff -w ignore whitespace only at start & end of lines
- How to diff one file to an arbitrary version in Git?
- Exclude file from “git diff”
- Can I use git diff on untracked files?
- How to read the output from git diff?
- Git diff between current branch and master but not including unmerged master commits
- How should I use git diff for long lines?
- ‘git status’ shows changed files, but ‘git diff’ doesn’t
- Create patch or diff file from git repository and apply it to another different git repository
- Viewing all `git diffs` with vimdiff
- git diff between two different files
- git visual diff between branches
- Coloring white space in git-diff’s output
- Git diff to show only lines that have been modified
- View differences of branches with meld?
- How do I create a readable diff of two spreadsheets using git diff?
- Can I make git recognize a UTF-16 file as text?
- Differences for a certain folder between git branches [duplicate]
- How do I get git diff with full context?
- How to do a git diff on moved/renamed file?
- Git Tag list, display commit sha1 hashes
- How can I get the diff between all the commits that occurred between two dates with Git?
- git diff renamed file
- Showing commits made directly to a branch, ignoring merges in Git
- Make ‘git diff’ ignore ^M
- Can I make git diff ignore permission changes
- Git log output log file
- How can I generate a git diff of what’s changed since the last time I pulled?
- Diffing between two entire directories/projects in hg or git?
- Git show files that were changed in the last 2 days
- What does the “@@…@@” meta line with at signs in svn diff or git diff mean?
- How can I view the output of `git show` in a diff viewer like meld, kdiff3, etc
- How to set patience as default git diff algorithm
- Show full Git commit message in console
- Git diff –stat explanation
- git diff algorithm that does not rip functions apart? (language-aware diff)
- is it possible to add a comment to a diff file (unified)?
- Git: How can I find a commit that most closely matches a directory?
- How can I get a git submodule’s associated commit ID from a past commit in the parent clone?
- How to diff ansible vault changes?
- How to compare the working tree with a commit?
- How do I call git diff on the same file between 2 different local branches?
- Git search all diffs
- Git diff: is it possible to show ONLY changed lines
- How to diff between git tag and branch
- How to grep (search through) committed code in the Git history