Execute Shell Script Using . ./ (dot space dot slash)
While executing the shell script using
“dot space dot slash”, as shown below, it will execute the script in the current shell without forking a sub shell.
$ . ./setup.bash
In other words, this executes the commands specified in the
setup.bash in the current shell, and prepares the environment for you.
- How do I fetch lines before/after the grep result in bash?
- Curl with multiline of JSON
- Creating a new user and password with Ansible
- Simulating ENTER keypress in bash script
- Bash script error: “function: not found”. Why would this appear?
- How do I split a string on a delimiter in Bash?
- Check existence of input argument in a Bash shell script
- YYYY-MM-DD format date in shell script
- How to echo shell commands as they are executed
- How can I compare numbers in Bash?
- Why is whitespace sometimes needed around metacharacters?
- How to urlencode data for curl command?
- How to represent multiple conditions in a shell if statement?
- How can I suppress all output from a command using Bash?
- Running script upon login in mac OS X [closed]
- How can I detect if my shell script is running through a pipe?
- Returning a boolean from a Bash function
- Only get hash value using md5sum (without filename)
- Remove duplicate entries in a Bash script [duplicate]
- Quick-and-dirty way to ensure only one instance of a shell script is running at a time
- Bash: Syntax error: redirection unexpected
- Variable interpolation in the shell
- How can I debug a Bash script? [closed]
- How to tell if a string is not defined in a Bash shell script
- Count occurrences of a char in a string using Bash
- How to specify a multi-line shell variable?
- Relative paths based on file location instead of current working directory [duplicate]
- What does “export” do in shell programming? [duplicate]
- recursively add file extension to all files
- Bash command line and input limit
- What do $? $0 $1 $2 mean in shell script? [duplicate]
- Is there a way to create key-value pairs in Bash script?
- Execute a shell function with timeout
- Unix shell script to truncate a large file
- Is mixing getopts with positional parameters possible?
- Can’t run AWS CLI from CRON (credentials)
- How to delete empty source directories when moving folders with rsync?
- Print a character repeatedly in bash [duplicate]
- executing shell command in background from script [duplicate]
- is there an escape character for envsubst?
- Boolean operators ( &&, -a, ||, -o ) in Bash
- Run one command after another, even if I suspend the first one (Ctrl-z)
- Multi-dimensional arrays in Bash
- Calling one Bash script from another Script passing it arguments with quotes and spaces
- What does the Bash operator
- VSCode Integrated Terminal Doesn’t Load .bashrc or .bash_profile
- Is there a way to make bash job control quiet?
- Get the name of the caller script in bash script
- source all files in a directory from .bash_profile
- How to initialize a bash array with output piped from another command? [duplicate]