You need to merge the remote branch into your current branch by running
If your local branch is already up-to-date, you may also need to run
git pull --rebase.
A quick google search also turned up this same question asked by another SO user: Cannot push to GitHub – keeps saying need merge. More details there.
- How to add images to README.md on GitHub?
- GitHub relative link in Markdown file
- How to draw checkbox or tick mark in GitHub Markdown table?
- How to add color to GitHub’s README.md file
- Authenticate with GitHub using a token
- New lines inside paragraph in README.md
- How can one display images side by side in a GitHub README.md?
- How can I test what my readme.md file will look like before committing to github?
- Private pages for a private Github repo
- How to fix HTTP 404 on Github Pages?
- How to add Google Analytics Tracking ID to GitHub Pages
- Is there a link to GitHub for downloading a file in the latest release of a repository?
- Can I merge table rows in markdown
- Is there a way to get colored text in GitHubflavored Markdown? [duplicate]
- GitHub pages are not updating
- How long does it take for GitHub page to show changes after changing index.html
- ToC or Sidebar in GitHub Wiki
- How to link files directly from Github (raw.github.com)
- Escape pound or number sign in Github issue tracker
- GitHub Pages for Private Repository [closed]
- How do I prevent auto-generated links in the GitHub wiki?
- Multiple GitHub Pages and custom domains via DNS
- Why does my GitHub page not update its content?
- How to reference a file in a GitHub issue? [closed]
- GitHub MarkDown: Are Macros and Variables possible?
- How to fix: Domain does not resolve to the GitHub Pages server. Error in Github Pages for custom domain setup with Enforce HTTPS Enabled?
- Can you see who is watching a repo on GitHub?
- How can I fold content in Github markdown?
- Github pages, HTTP headers
- Can github pages CNAME file contain more than one domain?
- Cross-Origin Resource Sharing on GitHub Pages
- Unicode / emojis in Github markdown
- Can I have my GitHub Pages index.html in a subfolder of the repository?
- Add emphasis github flavored markdown within code block
- How do I show the “up” and “down” arrow keyboard key in GitHub markdown?
- Cite a paper using github markdown syntax
- Remove html extension from GitHub Pages
- Is there any way to make markdown tables sortable?
- Heroku and GitHub: “Items could not be retrieved, Internal server error”
- Notifications for new Github project releases? [closed]
- Latex rendering in README.md on Github
- Does the GitHub traffic graph include your own views?
- Is there a way to represent a directory tree in a Github README.md?
- How do I change from a PR to a draft PR at github?
- Can I search github labels with logical operator OR?
- Is proprietary code legally safe on bitbucket or github? [closed]
- Installing packages from github npm registry – auth error 401
- Can forks be synced automatically in GitHub?
- Still requiring login after SSH authentication
- I have 2 GitHub accounts. How can I use both when I am working in VS Code?