ASP.Net applications come pre-wired with a handlers section in the web.config.
By default, this is set to readonly within feature delegation within IIS.
Take a look in IIS Manager, under the Server name → Feature delegation.
If Handler Mappings is set to readonly and your site web.configs have a handlers section, flip the value to read/write and see what happens.
Worked for me when moving to Windows 8 / IIS 8 / ASP.Net MVC 4.
- WCF on IIS8; *.svc handler mapping doesn’t work
- ASP.NET Web API – PUT & DELETE Verbs Not Allowed – IIS 8
- IIS Config Error – This configuration section cannot be used at this path
- What does ‘IISReset’ do?
- ASP.NET MVC 5 Web.config: “FormsAuthenticationModule” or “FormsAuthentication”
- Windows Authentication for ASP.NET MVC 4 – how it works, how to test it
- Maximum request length exceeded.
- Request format is unrecognized for URL unexpectedly ending in
- How do I resolve “HTTP Error 500.19 – Internal Server Error” on IIS7.0 [closed]
- Disable browser cache for entire ASP.NET website
- Server.UrlEncode vs. HttpUtility.UrlEncode
- ‘Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object’ error during postback
- .Net picking wrong referenced assembly version
- Can not find runtime target for framework .NETCoreApp=v1 compatible with one of the target runtimes
- .vs\config\applicationhost.config in source control
- Asp.net – Add blank item at top of dropdownlist
- Is there a way to force ASP.NET Web API to return plain text?
- Configure Microsoft.AspNet.Identity to allow email address as username
- It has a DefiningQuery but no InsertFunction element… err
- SignalR – Sending a message to a specific user using (IUserIdProvider) *NEW 2.0.0*
- How to “warm-up” Entity Framework? When does it get “cold”?
- Unrecognized attribute ‘targetFramework’. Note that attribute names are case-sensitive
- What do the TargetFramework settings mean in web.config in ASP .NET MVC?
- IIS7 Cache-Control
- Connecting to Visual Studio debugging IIS Express server over the lan
- Viewing localhost website from mobile device
- Could not load file or assembly or one of its dependencies. Access is denied. The issue is random, but after it happens once, it continues
- Emitting unencoded strings in a Razor view
- How can I create persistent cookies in ASP.NET?
- How to allow only integers in a textbox? [duplicate]
- CustomErrors does not work when setting redirectMode=”ResponseRewrite”
- What so different about Node.js’s event-driven? Can’t we do that in ASP.Net’s HttpAsyncHandler?
- Forms authentication: disable redirect to the login page
- ASP.NET Control to HTML tag equivalent
- Streaming large file uploads to ASP.NET MVC
- How to loop through data in WebForms like in MVC
- MemoryCache Empty : Returns null after being set
- SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 – Error Locating Server/Instance Specified [closed]
- How to set start page in Web.config file in asp.net c#
- Strange error occurring when using wcf to run query against sql server
- Render ASP.NET TextBox as HTML5 Input type “Number”
- How does @Html.BeginForm() work? and search result in Microsoft ASP.Net MVC 5 tutorial?
- ASP.Net which user account running Web Service on IIS 7?
- jquery cycle IE7 transparent png problem
- Page_Load is firing twice in ASP.NET page
- WebMethod vs ScriptMethod
- ASP.NET web.config: What is the default for the debug attribute in system.web.compilation?
- Memory Usage of Each Application Pool
- Good ASP.NET excel-like Grid control? [closed]
- Two foreign keys referencing the same primary key