This is due to the series
df[cat] containing elements that have varying data types e.g.(strings and/or floats). This could be due to the way the data is read, i.e. numbers are read as float and text as strings or the datatype was float and changed after the
In other words
pandas data type ‘Object’ indicates mixed types rather than str type
so using the following line:
df[cat] = le.fit_transform(df[cat].astype(str))
- Label encoding across multiple columns in scikit-learn
- pandas dataframe columns scaling with sklearn
- A column-vector y was passed when a 1d array was expected
- ValueError: numpy.ndarray size changed, may indicate binary incompatibility. Expected 88 from C header, got 80 from PyObject
- How to convert a Scikit-learn dataset to a Pandas dataset
- What are the pros and cons between get_dummies (Pandas) and OneHotEncoder (Scikit-learn)?
- Run an OLS regression with Pandas Data Frame
- How to use sklearn fit_transform with pandas and return dataframe instead of numpy array?
- How to one-hot-encode from a pandas column containing a list?
- ValueError: Unknown label type: ‘unknown’
- Impute categorical missing values in scikit-learn
- The easiest way for getting feature names after running SelectKBest in Scikit Learn
- classifiers in scikit-learn that handle nan/null
- Stratified Sampling in Pandas
- TfidfVectorizer in scikit-learn : ValueError: np.nan is an invalid document
- Scikit-learn balanced subsampling
- How to retain column headers of data frame after Pre-processing in scikit-learn
- transform scipy sparse csr to pandas?
- Scikit-Learn’s Pipeline: A sparse matrix was passed, but dense data is required
- Can You Consistently Keep Track of Column Labels Using Sklearn’s Transformer API?
- sklearn train_test_split on pandas stratify by multiple columns
- Apply StandardScaler to parts of a data set [duplicate]
- How do I convert a Pandas series or index to a NumPy array? [duplicate]
- Pandas dataframe get first row of each group
- Can anyone explain me StandardScaler?
- Forcing pandas .iloc to return a single-row dataframe?
- Scatter plots in Pandas/Pyplot: How to plot by category [duplicate]
- round a single column in pandas
- Floor or ceiling of a pandas series in python?
- Adding a new pandas column with mapped value from a dictionary [duplicate]
- group by week in pandas
- making matplotlib scatter plots from dataframes in Python’s pandas
- How to calculate 1st and 3rd quartiles?
- Read data from pyodbc to pandas
- Pandas replace a character in all column names
- How to apply a function on every row on a dataframe?
- how to replace an entire column on Pandas.DataFrame
- Feature/Variable importance after a PCA analysis
- How to set a variable to be “Today’s” date in Python/Pandas
- Reducing size of pyinstaller exe
- Difference between scikit-learn and sklearn (now deprecated)
- Constructing a co-occurrence matrix in python pandas
- pandas.read_csv from string or package data
- subsetting a Python DataFrame
- How to get scalar value on a cell using conditional indexing
- Pandas: Assigning multiple *new* columns simultaneously
- how to reset index pandas dataframe after dropna() pandas dataframe
- What is the process to create pdf reports with charts from a DB?
- Python pandas groupby aggregate on multiple columns, then pivot
- Split pandas dataframe in two if it has more than 10 rows