You can use the Material Components Library.
Starting from the
1.2.0-alpha05 you can format the hint text.
For example you can just use something like:
<com.google.android.material.textfield.TextInputLayout android:hint="@string/hint_test" ...>
<string name="hint_test">Legal name <font color="#FF0000">*</font></string>
- Outlined Edit Text from Material Design
- How to change the floating label color of TextInputLayout
- Android 8.0 Oreo crash on focusing TextInputEditText
- EditText added is not a TextInputEditText. Please switch to using that class instead
- Change the TextInputLayout outline color
- How to add floating label on Spinner
- Put constant text inside EditText which should be non-editable – Android
- Toggle password field jetpack compose
- InflateException when using TextInputLayout
- TextInputLayout and AutoCompleteTextView
- This Activity already has an action bar supplied by the window decor
- Is there a way to programmatically scroll a scroll view to a specific edit text?
- Android: Vertical alignment for multi line EditText (Text area)
- How to get hosting Activity from a view?
- Round corner for BottomSheetDialogFragment
- Disable soft keyboard on NumberPicker
- How do I use InputFilter to limit characters in an EditText in Android?
- Design Android EditText to show error message as described by google
- Material Design not styling alert dialogs
- Turn off autosuggest for EditText?
- Make EditText ReadOnly
- How can I modify ripple color when using ?attr/selectableItemBackground as background?
- Focusable EditText inside ListView
- Clear text in EditText when entered [duplicate]
- How to detect the swipe left or Right in Android?
- Display badge on top of bottom navigation bar’s icon
- How to make edit text not editable but clickable in JAVA
- TextInputLayout not showing EditText hint before user focus on it
- setHintTextColor() in EditText
- Error : IllegalArgumentException: The style on this component requires your app theme to be Theme.MaterialComponents
- Disable auto focus on edit text
- Android button background color
- Multiline EditText with Done SoftInput Action Label on 2.3
- How to implement a material design circular progress bar in android
- How to change the hint size of TextInputLayout
- How can I do something 0.5 seconds after text changed in my EditText control?
- EditText in Listview loses focus when pressed on Android 4.x
- How do I restrict my EditText input to numerical (possibly decimal and signed) input?
- When the soft keyboard appears, it makes my EditText field lose focus
- Android Material: Status bar color won’t change
- Android: Resize only parts of view with soft keyboard on screen
- Android EditText listener for cursor position change
- Stop ScrollView from auto-scrolling to an EditText
- How to add indeterminate progressbar
- No material widget found textfield widgets require a material widget ancestor
- How to use EditText onTextChanged event when I press the number?
- How can I add an image on EditText
- Android programmatically disable autocomplete/autosuggest for EditText in emulator
- Unable to get exact circle shape when using card view
- Android Circular Determinate ProgressBar